Friday, April 4, 2008

all home run hits, no flys or grounders....

....even if all i need is a R.B.I. to win, i'll be damned if someone else gets the glory from the crack of my bat. and NO! its not selfish.... its REAL! sure i'm just using baseball as a metaphor for life but its true. i mean... you're not gonna feed your family simply by being the sixth man on the winning team. its all about accountability.

let's say for instance, you work for APPLE, arguably one of the leaders in nanotechnology, but you're a janitor. would it make any difference that you are a team player? even if it did, i'm absolutely positive your paycheck would prove otherwise.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy or suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory or defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt

those words carry significant meaning to me for i currently am in a position of failure. which in my book, "means very little to very little," because i HAVE relished in the glory of success. i know that the only person capable of redeeming me from my own personal recession is me, and because i HAVE...... i know i CAN!

good game..... see you in the locker room =P

No comments: